Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Camping with the Thackers
















Last month Jake and I went camping with Staci and Chris Thacker. Unfortunately we camped at the same canyon (American Fork) a young boy was killed a couple of weeks earlier by a bear. That had an unsettling effect on my nerves. On the way up I was in tears b/c I was so scared. The camping area's were all full so we found a secluded place way up a mountain. It was really beautiful. We camped right on the side of a mountain where we had a view of timpanogos and a lake below. It was right along a hiking trail and happened to have a fire pit and just enough space for our tents. We stayed up late talking and Staci and I roasted marshmellows. That night I made sure Jake stayed close b/c I was pretty scared. However, thanks to prayers we slept safely and I slept like a rock! Funny story...Staci woke up b/c she heard a strange sound and got scared, turns out it was just Jake snoring. Luckily I have adapted to such sounds and never awoke to his snoring. The next morning we ate a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and sausage. We chatted for a while and decided to go on a little hike. This little hike was actually not so little. It was pretty intense for amateur hikers such as Jake and myself. However it was beautiful when we reached the top. There was a freezing glacier lake and brave crazies who were actually swimming in it. The supposive 2 hour hike turned into a 5 hour one, we were all tired and ready to go home by the end of it. It was a very fun outdoor experience!

0 comments: