Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Posted by Gretchen at 11:50 AM
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
The following weekend Jake's mom Lanette drove up to help us move. She did so much to help us. I don't think I could have done it without her. She did everything from hauling boxes down 3 flights of stairs to her truck and unloading it at the house to cleaning to watching Hannah so I could get something done. You name it, she did it. I don't think I could thank her enough.
Posted by Gretchen at 8:37 AM
The past 8 months have flown by. It's weird because usually the days seem really long but the weeks and months just seem to come and go too quickly. Maybe some of you who are moms can understand that.
- She still doesn't quite have the crawling thing down yet but she can roll around to get where she wants. She also just recently started grabbing the carpet and pulling her self forward to get where she wants to go.
- Sometimes she sleeps through the night....and sometimes she doesn't. We're working on some consistency :-)
- LOVES to eat. Nursing, vegetables, fruits, meats, breads, cereals, you name it, she will eat it and love it.
- Laughs hysterically if you dance around and jump for her.
- Just got her own room, it's adorable.
- When Jake comes home from work her limbs start flailing and she says "dadada" in a really excited voice. She loves her daddy. Almost as much as he loves her.
- Sometimes say's words. When she wants me to feed her or hold her, or when she is tired she will start saying "Mamamama". When I leave the room at times she will say "maaa MA!" She's said "ball" on different occasions when she sees one without us saying anything. She has also said "up" if I ask her if she wants up.
- Waves "bye bye" or "Hi" if we wave to her.
- Loves to swim.
- Is so happy and smiley. Usually people comment on how happy she is. And not to mention beautiful :-)
- Has been sitting up on her own for 3 months now.
- Loves it when daddy turns on "Tigger and Pooh", she gets really excited.
- Loves to have family visit and watch little children.
- Is our pride and joy.
Posted by Gretchen at 8:12 AM