Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Stressful Week for Gretchen


So this past week has been quite stressful for me. Last weekend I started getting stressed out about everything I had to do this week....so my immune system decided to do me a favor and quit fighting for me! I got the flu.....and let's just say I was miserable. I had 5 exams and a paper to write, and I could hardly do anything because I felt so sick. However, I not only got everything done, but done well! I am so amazed at how blessed I was despite my illness. I know I couldn't have completed everything I had to do as well as I did without the help of Heavenly Father. It's great to have those testimony builders that prayer really does work and that Heavenly Father is watchful of our every need. Maybe I got sick so I could learn that lesson, haha. I know Heavenly Father was watching over me and walked me through this tough week. It reminds me of my favorite poem which I'm going to share with yal (if anyone really reads this, haha).

Footprints in the Sand
by Mary Stevenson

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
was then that I Carried You."

I guess the reason why it reminds me of this past week is that when I got really sick I questioned why, of all the times possible would He let me get sick now? But looking back, I know He was watching over me, and carried me through this small trial in me life.

0 comments: