Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baby Bump Update at 29 Weeks!

I just realized that I haven't posted anything in a while. So time for some updates. First of all, tomorrow I am 30 weeks along! I can hardly believe there is (hopefully) only 10 weeks left. Below is a picture I took with my phone at 29 weeks. It turns out that digital cameras don't fair well with sand infiltration....hopefully it will be fixed soon. Some baby related news:

On Friday Sept 29th I felt what I finally recognized as our little one hiccuping! It was so stinking cute! This was my train of thought: What was that? There it was again. That's not a kick....its still going....those flutters are pretty regular....awwwwww, they're hiccups! "Jake!!! Our little girl is hiccuping, come quick!" Yup, that's pretty much how it went down. It was precious, to say the least.

A couple of weekends ago Jake's parent's drove up from Idaho to spend some time with us. It was so much fun to see them. We pretty much just ate a bunch of good food and watched 8 hours worth of college football. Lanette (Jake's mom) and I had some girl fun and went shopping during the break between the BYU and BSU football games. We went to this cute little children's dress shop in the mall called Jolene's. A few months ago, before we knew it was a girl, Lanette and I spotted a blessing dress at the store and I just fell in love with it. We came across it again
and Lanette bought it for our little girl! It is so beautiful! I can hardly wait to see her in it as Jake carries her up to the front of the chapel to give her a name and a blessing.

Last week Jake let me buy tickets for us to go to World of Dance, an excellent showcase of the talented dance companies at BYU. Our favorite dances were the Cougarettes contemporary routine to "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and the International Folkdancers high energy clog dance. We had a lot of fun watching the show, but it made me miss dancing :-(

This past weekend we spent some time with our good friend Will who had a birthday. We went to dinner Saturday night at our favorite Thai restaurant in the world (Bangkok Grille) and went back to Will's house to play games. Monday was his official birthday and he invited us over for dinner and a bonfire. It is always fun to spend time with good friends.

On Friday morning my mom will be arriving here in Utah to attend the baby shower my sister-in-law is throwing for me. Jake's mom is also able to come, so I am really excited to see friends and family this weekend!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Your bump is so cute, I love it! I bet you'll be one of those people who has the baby and is back in their jeans like the same day. Grrr...

Keli and Jacob Langston said...

It's getting closer...so exciting! How is life in the Pollard home? Hope all is well.

Serena said...

yay friend!! I'm so glad all is well. Love you!

Heather Gray said...

You look great, Gretchen! Not much longer now...just hang in there. The best part is yet to be.

Tim and Jennifer said...

You are still so small! I can't wait to see pics of the beautiful blessing dress.

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...

Congrats on having a girl!!! That is so exciting to hear....and good luck the next 10 weeks!!!