Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

Spontaneous Trip Home

Hannah and I flew home to California to visit my family for 5 days. We left the 16th, which was the day after my birthday (I am now 1 quarter of a century. Wow). My little brother David was on a break from school, so he was home too. It was fun to spend time with my family.

Mom and David picked us up from the airport and then we ate some yummy Japanese food. There was this cute store next to the restaurant, so we went in and my mom bought me some cute necklaces, bracelets, and a sweater. (Jake broke my favorite bracelet so she was trying to replace it.) Yay for shopping. When we got home my nieces were there waiting to play. They stayed the night with us and we definitely played hard.

On Saturday I went out to lunch with my good friend Melissa while Hannah was napping. She is getting married in a week so not only were we catching up on each other's lives but we were discussing fun wedding plans. I am so excited for her.

Sunday we went to church and then Hannah and I met Melissa and her fiancé at Bidwell Park to play and chat. Later that evening David's cute girlfriend Alaina came over and we made funnel cakes. It was yummy.

On Monday David flew back to Rexburg for school. Punk. Hannah and I had the house to ourselves. We went out to dinner that night at the BEST steak restaurant in town, 5th Street Steakhouse. After dinner Hannah and I stopped by my brother Justin's house to see his family one more time before we left.

Tuesday we just hung out at home and then went out to dinner. The next morning we drove to the airport and said goodbye to Grandma. Hannah had a hard time saying bye to Grandma. They love each other a lot. But we will see them again soon. Thanks for the fun and relaxing trip Grandma and Grandpa!

Hannah with her cousin's Emma and Elissa

Hannah didn't feel very photogenic

Mommy and Hannah in front of the beautiful flowers at my parents house

"Look mom, a stick!"

Dan and Melissa with Hannah at the park

David and Hannah saying goodbye for now


Hannah eating a yummy lunch. She loved her first corn dog.

Grandma and Grandpa playing with Hannah after dinner

She loves eating with silverware and is getting pretty good at it

The CUTEST smile ever

Mommy and Hannah

Grandma and Hannah before heading to the airport

Car ride home from the airport. You can tell she was excited to see daddy again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah and mommy were so precious and cute. We loved the visit and were so grateful Jake shared them with David and us! Come again soon!! Love, G-mamas

We Joneses said...

Gretchen, I think someone may have hacked your facebook account. Didn't want to send you a message there. You might want to change your password pronto. (there's stuff "by you" that I know you wouldn't have posted!!)

Helena said...

Look at all that hair! She is so pretty. I bet you had a blast with your family :)