Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our New Home

I miss Utah. I miss the mountain's. I miss our friend's. I miss the house we were house-sitting because it felt like home. I miss having family close and being a convenient drive away for family member's who lived further away. There are so many thing's I love about Utah. But Jake and I are starting to see how this new place can feel like home for us over the next year.

First of all, Moscow is gorgeous. It reminds me a lot of my home town in northern California. Lot's of green tree's, evergreen's and hill's. But here there are rolling hills of beautiful golden wheat field's too. So beautiful. There is more civilization than I anticipated as well, haha. There is a mall! Which I was totally not expecting. And even a Walmart! Which I kind of expected :-) It has a small town feel, because well, it is a small town. Jake and I both love that. The driver's here are so much more courteous and actually drive the speed limit. Unbelievable I know.

Secondly, we love our apartment. Our complex is a bunch of 4-plexes. We have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The bathrooms are fairly small, especially our shower which is basically a 2 1/2 foot square cubicle which seems to have been designed to improve flexibility :-) But our bedrooms are HUGE! So much bigger than we're used to. Jake will have plenty of study space in his office/workout room. And Hannah's bedroom has lots of space to keep her toy's from taking over the whole house. Yay. Our kitchen and living room are completely put together, even with pictures on the walls. The bedroom's need some work still. But I have plenty of time.

Jake started medical school today at the University of Washington. Well, technically it's just orientation. But it is all day today, tomorrow, and Saturday. They don't mess around. Saturday is an all day mandatory rafting trip. Nothing better than a team building exercise to help them get through the next few grueling year's. I am so excited for Jake. This has been his dream since the day I met him. I had only known him about an hour and I remember sitting across from him in the Wilkinson's Center at BYU when I asked him what profession he was pursuing. He said he wanted to be a doctor, specifically an anesthesiologist. And here he is, after 7 year's of hard work, living his dream. Now he just has 7 more year's of hard work :-) Wish us luck! We are embarking on quite the adventure. Stay tuned for pictures! As soon as I find where we packed our camera....

5 comments:

Karon said...

I'm so glad you're safe and settled! I hope these medical school years go great for your family!

Alyson said...

Congrats on making the move! Moscow is a lovely community. How is your pregnancy going?! I'm so happy to hear you are expecting number two (we are as well)! I hope the next seven years prove to be kind to you and your family! :)

Unknown said...

Busy, busy time for you all! Congrats on baby #2! That is SO exciting! YEAH! :O) Hope your new journey is a great one, glad I get to 'see' what is going on with your cute family through blogging! :O)

Anonymous said...

Gretchen thanks for updating your blog. It is so fun to read your honest and witty comments. Moscow has a lot to live up to Provo food wise. Happy trails in locating the FOOD! Love, mamas

Brynn said...

We are so excited to have you here Gretchen! I am glad you came to the park today! Your daughter is beautiful, and I hope we can do more together!