Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

California Trip

The kids and I flew to my hometown back in June to see Grandma Geri and Papa. We started the trip in San Jose and went to Great America. I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood at that theme park. It was great fun to be able to take my children there. Grandpa and I went on a couple of thrill rides while Grandma Geri watched the kidlets for me. Most of our time was spent in Kidzville though. Hannah was a little unsure of the rides at first but she had a great time. We spent about 8 hours at the park. Liam was such a trooper. There was this awesome Baby Station in the kid area with a room that had comfy rocking chairs just for nursing mothers. I spent quite a bit of time in there :-) We rode on fun rides, ate funnel cake, and enjoyed our time out in the sun together. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of pictures to document our trip. I couldn't find my camera and was worried that I lost it. Turns out that I thought I packed it in my suitcase but found it at the end of our trip at the bottom of the kids suitcase. Whoopsies. I managed to snap a couple on my cell phone though.

Hannah enjoying the Classic Car's ride.
The Ghost Chase Ride.
The next day we did some clothes shopping for the kids (Gma Geri loves to spoil them) and went to my cousin's Graduation BBQ. It was great to see part of the extended family. We drove back to P-town that night and spent the next few day's going to a church BBQ, playing at the park, going out to dinner, visiting my brother and his family, and hanging out at my parents house. Thanks for a fun trip Padres!

The flight to and from Cali with a 2 year old and 4 month old on my own wasn't as bad as I expected. Hannah kept busy with books, a lap top toy, movies, and snack's while Liam kept busy nursing, sleeping, and smiling at anyone who would look at him. He made quite a few friends on that trip. Babies have a regressive affect on adults, and I love it. A lady that sat near us told Jake that he was lucky to have such a wonderful and calm mother for his children. She said that she see's a lot of mom's who travel on their own and seem stressed and uptight. Thank you nice lady for noticing that I didn't flip out when Hannah threw minor tantrum's or Liam tried to do #2 out of his diaper. I appreciate it :-)

Saying goodbye to Grandma Geri at the airport. The kids love their Gma Geri and Papa!

0 comments: