Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Brandon's 19th Birthday

We woke up yesterday morning and found a pleasant surprise of snow on the ground! We got about 6 inches, which was a wonderful birthday present for Jake's brother Brandon! Above is a picture I took of the beautiful snowy scene from our balcony.

Jake and I went to the Christmas Around the World dance performance yesterday afternoon. It was a wonderful performance, but it really made me sad not to be out there with them. It was the first time I watched CAW without being in it. Its one thing to watch a performance, but its another to be performing. Dance has been a part of my life for so long, its hard not to be involved in it for a semester. Anyways....Jake and I coincidently had seats right next to my friend Kathy who was on SPAC with me in 2006. It was fun to sit next to her and exchange fun memories and comments. My favorite dances would have to be the ones from the Philippines and China. The Philippino dance included tininkeling, which was really fun to see. That is when they use the long poles that they swing together and make individuals dance and jump through them...kinda like jump rope on the ground. It reminded me of my oldest brother Ronnie, when he was on a dance team that performed dances of the Philippines. I also enjoyed the Chinese dance because it was very lyrical and smooth, Jake made a comment that he thought it was ballet. It was fun to see all of my friends out there who are still in folk dance, all of them are on PAC now, which is really exciting for them.

After the performance we carefully drove home on the icy roads and Jake stopped to pick up Brandon on the way home. We then took Brandon out to dinner at Applebee's (which is right across the street from out house), and came home to finish watching the BYU vs SDSU football game, which BYU won. BYU is ranked 19th in the nation! Which is awesome!

On Monday Nov. 26th Jake and I put up our Christmas tree for Family Home Evening. We bought the tree before Thanksgiving because Kmart was having a sale! We got a very good deal because our tree is just perfect! It took a couple of nights to finally get the lights and decorations up, but it turned out to be a very lovely tree. One minor difficulty that occurred while we were attempting to put up our lights was the power went out in the neighborhood from about 7pm to 4am! Which wasn't very good seeing as how it was the coldest night of the season....it got down to the 20's that night. But thankfully we were able to keep warm. (Below are some pictures of our Christmas tree)


2 comments:

Karon said...

You Christmas tree is just gorgeous! Good job guys!

Gretchen said...

Thanks Karon! We're excited to see you and your family this weekend! I'll call you sometime this week to clarify the details.