Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Host

A recent post by a friend reminded me that I forgot a very important post. A couple of weeks ago I finished reading one of the best books I have ever read. It was The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I bought the book a month ago with some hesitation because I am not a huge science fiction fan. I read the first few chapters and got bored with it so I put it down for a few weeks. A friend of mine read the book so I asked her what she thought of it. She said it was really good after the first 100 pages. So I picked up the book again and read the last 600 pages in 2 days. I simply could not put it down. It was amazing! Stephenie Meyer is also the author of the Twilight series which I LOVE. The Host was different, but in a very good way. I love her style of writing, it is absolutely enthralling and I can't wait to read more!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, it was great! I can't wait for August 2nd for Breaking Dawn. I can't decide if I want The Host to become a series or not. It had a perfect ending already... what do you think?

Gretchen said...

I know! I'm soooo excited for Breaking Dawn! Who do you think she'll end up with...Jacob or Edward? Part of me wants her to marry Edward because of their deep love for each other....but another part of me wants her to be with Jacob so she can have children and be with her family and not become a vampire. I dunno...it seems like she'll be happy either way. What if by Jacob leaving her puts her in so much grief that Edward can't stand the thought of it and leaves her again thinking it is what's best for her? Good thing Aug 2nd is not that far away...I preordered it =)

About The Host...I heard during an interview with Stephenie Meyer that she is thinking of making it a trilogy. I thought it had a really good ending too....but it would be fun to read more about them. I know if she writes another it will be just as awesome. She has never written a bad book. All 4 of hers have been bestsellers.