Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

One Sick Family

So much has happened since my last post that I don't really know where to start. I guess I will start with why I haven't posted in so long.....Well......When we got back from going home for the Holiday's Jake returned with a nasty case of what we believe was gastroenteritis brought on by the rotavirus. And despite sanitizing everything he touched, Hannah came down with it as well. In adults it lasts 24-48 hours, but in our little girl it lasted almost 2 weeks. The poor thing had diarrhea, vomiting, a head cold and worried her parents sick. We took 3 trips to the pediatrician and they kept telling us to keep doing what we were doing and keep her hydrated. Every time the doctor told us the same thing I wanted to kick him in the shin until he gave me some magic pill to cure my sick little girl. Hannah handled it like a trooper and still had the energy to smile at me despite what she must have been going through. Even though she was sick, everytime we went to the doctor she managed to gain some weight! We joked that she must be the only person to ever gain weight with gastroenteritis. Due to the frequent short feedings, I got mastitis a few days ago. Wow, is that painful. I'm just so thankful that Hannah was feeling better and that my mom was in town to help because I was down for about 24 hours. I have had what many would call a crash course in motherhood. I have never worried so much in my life. But I am so thankful that she is finally recovered and I can rest a little easier at night without worrying about her getting dehydated. I am also extremely grateful for my Heavenly Father, who I turned to often for guidance and support during this hard time. I know He gave my daughter the strength she needed to be healthy again.

And here is a picture of her during her favorite time, bathtime!!!! You can see she gained a few rolls since my last post :-)

6 comments:

Sitton said...

I am so sorry, these past few weeks have probably been very tiring I am sure. It is nice that your mom could come, I know that always helps a LOT! I am glad everyone is doing better. I can't wait to meet Hannah, we will have to get together sometime.

Meredith said...

I am so sorry! Poor little thing and poor Mom and Dad. I am glad that everyone is well again. Sick babies make my heart break.....

Michelle M said...

We are all currently sick, and it is the hardest on Daphne because we can't give her any medicine! So I know EXACTLY how you feel about watching your baby suffer.

Mastitis- sucks. Fever, incredible pain. What we go through for our families...

Brittany said...

Man it sounds like you've had a rough go of it lately. I'm glad everyone is on the mend and feeling better though. And by the way, Hannah is adorable!

Tim and Jennifer said...

She's beautiful! I had a really tough road nursing and ended up with 4 nursing infections. I feel your pain! I am glad she likes to nurse though. That is lucky!!

Alyson said...

Oh my goodness! She is a doll!! I know how it is to be so worried about your little one--no fun!! She sounds like quite the little angel through it all though!!