Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Amazing Vegetable Lasagna Recipe

So my friend Holly recently posted a recipe on her blog that I decided to try yesterday.  Turns out it is a keeper.  It was so good in fact that I would like to share it with my friends too.  Try it, you won't regret it!


1 pkg oven-ready lasagna noodles
1 15oz container ricotta
2 eggs

1/2 cup or so parmesan cheese (if you have grated on hand, that would taste the best)
pepper to taste
dried (or fresh) basil to taste
bell peppers (I like to use a couple different colors: red, orange, and yellow)
broccoli
1 onion
a couple carrots
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
A few handfuls of mozzarella

Use about 4 cups of chopped vegetables combined (use more or less if you want). Dice the veggies--couple handfuls of broccoli, 2 whole peppers (at least), whole onion-, and grate the carrots. As you chop them up, put them all in a big microwave safe bowl with a little bit of water and microwave them for 6 minutes or so until they are tender. 

While the veggies are "cooking" mix together the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, pepper, and basil. Then add veggies to this mixture.

Then assemble lasagna: pour some pasta sauce in a 13 x 9" pan first then add a layer of noodles. Then cheese/veggie mixture, sprinkle with handful of mozzarella. Then repeat layers starting with pasta sauce until you run out of toppings. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. Let stand for 15-20 minutes to firm up. 


3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm soooo glad you tried it! It really is amazing!

Michelle M said...

Cool, I think I'll try it! I'll let you know how it turns out someday.

Steph said...

Yum, I'll be trying this!