Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I know I know, Thanksgiving was a month ago. Things have been pretty busy and my blog has been neglected. Before I post about Christmas I need to do one on Thanksgiving. We had a lovely Thanksgiving in California with my family. We got in on Wednesday afternoon and went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe before driving the 90 miles from the airport to our home town. It was soooo good to be home. We hadn't been there in a whole year. My parent's remodeled the house a bit, so it was fun to see the beautiful improvements. I hope to aspire to be as good of an interior decorator as my mom. She is very talented.

The next day was Thanksgiving. Which can be described in one word: Yum. I LOVE Thanksgiving. Especially my moms cooking. Between her turkey stuffing and my dad's cranberry salad I was more stuffed than the turkey. Justin and his family joined us for the feast, it is always fun to get together with his cute little family. After dinner we just talked and vegged out. Can't get much better than that. Later that night Jake and David and I went to see New Moon. And no it wasn't my first time :-) I was one of the crazy mom's out and about for the midnight showing with a bunch of girlfriend's. It was fun to see it again. David loved it. Jake hates to admit it but I know he enjoyed it too. He just didn't like how many shirtless men were in the movie. Which is understandable. Jacob Black's shirtless physique just happens to be one of the top reason's I thoroughly enjoyed the film :-)

Friday was the day of yummy left over's. Jake and I took advantage of the more than willing babysitter's to see another movie: The Blind Side. Which if you haven't seen it you need to. It is such a good and inspirational true story. It is so reassuring to know that there are still wonderful people in the world, who go out of their comfort zones and give those around them a helping hand. Great movie.

On Saturday Jake and I did some Christmas and Birthday shopping for Hannah. We celebrated her birthday while we were there since her birthday was less than a week away. (See previous post for more details on her Birthday Celebrations.) On Sunday we went to church and it was wonderful to say hi to everyone in my old home ward. After dinner we went to my brother Justin's place to tour his new home and say goodbye to his family until next time. That night we left for Sacramento to stay the night before our early 5am flight home on Monday morning. That was fun. Please remind me to do that again.

It was so wonderful to be home again and surrounded by family. We wish we lived closer so that get togethers weren't so few and far between.

Here are a few pictures from the long weekend over Thanksgiving:

Hannah looking out the glass doors in my parent's living room. Yes, that is our backyard. I didn't quite appreciate how beautiful their view is until I moved away. Hannah enjoyed the view too.

Hannah and her cousin's playing with daddy. The oldest is Emma and the younger one is Elissa. They are so adorable.
Elissa giving Hannah kisses. How sweet is she.
Uncle David and Elissa.
Hannah and her cousins. This is such a cute picture. I especially love Hannah's "cheesy smile".

I love this picture. All you need is a broken cell phone to keep a 1 year old entertained.
Hannah loved Grandma's Christmas tree.
Jake being attacked from all angles by the children. He is such a good sport.
This picture cracks me up. Notice Hannah in the bottom left. She is currently falling to the ground in an aggressive baby snuggle. Jake is also obviously enjoying the attention :-)
I love these kiddos. Yes David, you are still a kiddo :-)
My sister-in-law Deena with her girls and Hannah.
Justin persistenly tried to win Hannah over by luring her with Pooh Bear and Eeyore. Unfortunately it didn't work. Hopefully next time Hannah will warm up more to Uncle Justin.
Hannah playing in the leaves in my parent's front yard. It was in the high 60's and gorgeous. I love Paradise.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day Hannah will feel your sweet love and closeness with Justin, and she will follow your example and adore him too!
Love, mamas