Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

No Longer A Baby.....

Yesterday was Hannah's 1st birthday! She is now officially a toddler, no longer a baby. I was so excited for her to turn 1. But now that she has, it makes me a pretty sad and nostalgic mother. 1 year passed faster than the blink of an eye.

It seems like just yesterday that I looked like this and couldn't wait to meet my little girl:And then she entered the world and changed my life forever:
And now that teeny tiny little pumpkin that I couldn't wait to grow up is 1 year old and looks like this:

She is the most beautiful girl I have ever known, inside and out. I am so grateful to be her mother.

And now to the things Hannah is up to at 1 year.

Words

  • She still says ball, der (there), dada, mama, and num num's everyday. Those are her 5 main word's. Recently she added a 6th! She says "wa wa" when she wants something to drink (juice, water, milk). It is pretty stinking cute.
  • She's said "no" a couple of times, but usually she just shakes her head at us when she doesn't want something. Just recently she started nodding her head to say "yes".
  • Her baby talk is the most adorable baby talk Jake and I have ever heard. I will miss her baby gibberish when she get's older. It is filled with so many consonants and inflections it almost sounds like a different language.
Toys
  • Her favorite toy is still by far a ball. It is sometimes her first word in the morning as we change her diaper.
  • She also loves her baby doll. She gives every stuffed animal kisses and snuggles, but baby gets extra snuggles and kisses and body slams to the ground. She does this cute little whimper when she sees baby and continues to do it until she is done giving her loves. Baby even gets extra pats on the bum.
Activities
  • Everyday she is getting braver and more accomplished at walking. The most we've seen her take in one stroll is about 25 steps. Even if she isn't walking by herself she loves to hold our hand and just walk around.
  • Watching Tigger and Pooh. She loves Tigger and Pooh. When they clap on the show, Hannah claps too. When they laugh, she laughs. When they're scared she scurries away from the TV scared too. I should probably be more stingy when it comes to TV watching. But I just can't resist having 25 mins to do something like say....write a blog post without a little one growing impatient with me:-)
Food
  • She still loves to nurse. We are cutting back a bit, but she still does her fair share of nursing. I've been giving her a little cow's milk, but she doesn't seem to like it much.
  • Balls aka grapes and pea's
  • Yogurt or yogurt melts.
  • Diced chicken or turkey
  • Spaghetti
And that is our girl in a nutshell. In other exciting news, I had 2 friend's who had babies yesterday. So now Hannah shares a birthday date with 2 little friend's. Go to my friend Megan's blog to read more about December 3rd, the baby day.

5 comments:

Leslee said...

She is such a cute and smart little girl. The first year goes by fast (and the second)!

Jeni said...

YAAAAAAAAAY! Happy Birthday, Hannah! Trust me, the second year goes by just as fast. Olivia will be 2 in just a couple weeks!
She is such a pretty baby. I can't believe she's so old either!

Tesera said...

awww she is so cute! and you are right the time just goes by way too fast!!

Tracy and Odie said...

oh my! i can't believe how old she is already. so cute!

Anonymous said...

She is so precious! My little angel gave birth to that prized jewel. Love, g-mamas