Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

6 Months Old!


Hannah had her 6 month check up. The Dr. said she is looking great! Here are her stats:


Height: 27.5 inches 95-97th%

Weight: 18 lbs 1.5 oz 75-90th%

Head: 44.5 cm 90-95th%

At 6 months Hannah is becoming so much fun. Well, she's always been fun but she is a lot more interactive and developing quite the personality. She reaches for EVERYTHING. So we have to be careful about what is within her reach. And within her reach is about twice the length of her arms because that girl can reach. When I am feeding her there have been multiple occasions where she has either knocked the food out of my hand or kicked the food off the table. You'd think I'd learn after the first time....apparently not. She loves to look at people until they look at her too and when they do she gives them a huge grin. She is not very shy at all but she played this game with her Papa when we were in Sun Valley. He would look at her and say "Peeeeee Pie!" and she would give him a huge smile and than duck her head into my shoulder. She would do this every time he said that to her. When others would try she wouldn't give them the same reaction, so that was funny. She has also become a little amateur parrot. When Mimi was saying goodnight to her she said "I love you" and than Hannah replied "Ah luv oooo" and we all looked at her like, did she really say that? And than Mimi said "You love me?" and Hannah said "uh huh". It was unbelievable! Soooo precious. Another time Jake was telling her how much he loved her and he said "I...." and she replied "I......". I know its hard to believe, but there were witnesses :-) She sits up on her own really well and rolls both ways with ease. She also has a new trick where if she is standing up and I put her hands on a coffee table or her crib railing she can hold her self up while standing! That girl is buff! She is also becoming possessive over toys. If she is playing with something and I take it away she will start to cry, and when I give it back she stops crying. She is also Mrs. Photogenic! Every time someone pulls out a camera she immediately stops what she is doing, looks right at the camera, and smiles! She just loves the camera. It becomes problematic when I am trying to film something cute she is doing...as soon as she sees the camera she stops and smiles. She was sleeping wonderfully, about 7-9 hours and even 10 hours one night. However on our trip to Idaho she started waking up during the night and has continued to do so. Hopefully that stops soon. We just can't believe she is already 1/2 a year old. But what a sweet, beautiful, angelic, happy little addition to our family she has been.

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

The food messes: I still haven't learned. My kids still spill whatever I'm holding. Maybe our kids just need to quit it!
I love that Hannah smiles for the camera. This will fade as she becomes a toddler. Dayton went through a phase where he NEVER looked at the camera anymore (after a camera-loving first year); Daphne's getting into the phase now. Grr.

Jennifer said...

What a doll!!