Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Growing Up

Today was the first time ever that I put Hannah down for her nap without nursing her first. She went to sleep without a fuss. She seems to be more ready for this than I am. I have a feeling that weaning is more for us moms because apparently she is fine without it. What happened to my baby???

2 comments:

Jeni said...

On a similar note, when I moved Olivia from our room into her own (she was 15 months old!!!!) I was so worried. I kept feeling like she would wake up and feel abandoned. I really beat myself up about it, all before I actually did it.
Then one night I just laid her in her own room and walked out. And she was perfect. She never made a peep! She LOVES her "butterfly bed" (as she calls it). Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on above comment.
I remember when I drove my beautiful daughter to BYU, her first time alone and without my nurturing protective nature to guide her, she began the next phase of her life. With gold dusted wings, she gave me a soft kiss; walked away after closing the car door. She disappeared with new friends in hand into Deseret Towers.
Looking forward, if all you do is continue this legacy of love, all will be well. Love, mamas