Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reading Binge

I was never much of a reader until September of 2007, when I was first introduced to the Twilight series. I was surprised when I read the whole series in a week. These days, reading is one of my favorite things to do. These are the books I've read over the last 6 weeks.











My favorite of these books would have to be the Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones, Ashes, and Glass). I couldn't put them down. My husband kept complaining that all I did was read. I knew I was obsessed, but I couldn't stop reading. It was like being in the middle of a really great movie and being asked to stop it and take a break. No one wants to pause a great movie. I would highly recommend that series for anyone interested in a great read. The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were very good. A little violent, but a great story. I'm excited for the 3rd book in the series to come out in August. The Dark Divine and Hourglass Door were also very fun reads. I'm excited about their sequels coming out within the next year, soooo excited. The Other Queen was OK. I've never read a historical fiction before, so it was fun to read about people that really existed. Dear John was sad. I think I liked the movie better. If you haven't seen Dear John, you should. Great movie. The ending is better in the movie, the book just leaves you all depressed. The soundtrack is also a must. Awesome music.

And that is Gretchen's book review. Up next in my reading list is the Constant Princess, The Last Song, and Rough Stone Rolling. Any suggestions that I should add to the list?

3 comments:

Karon said...

I started reading Hunger Games yesterday and could barely put it down. The first thing I did this morning was finish it! I'll have to check out some of those other books you've recommended. There really is nothing like a good read!

Michelle M said...

WOW! That's a lot of reading. The Twilight series had the same effect on me. I hated reading until I read that series. Since then I've read a few more books, but it's still not a hobby of mine. Good for you!

Heather Gray said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Gretchen! I get pretty cranky (and bored) when I run out of books to read in the house. I love Phillipa Gregory's historical fiction (even if she can be a little risque sometimes). My favorite of hers is The Queen's Fool. Also, my sister is on a huge Jude Devereaux kick right now if you run out of ideas for yourself.