Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ready or Not......

....Baby #2 is on its way! Yup you heard right. We are expecting another little addition to the family. I am 12 weeks along. With a due date of February 5th...which just happen's to be the same day as my wonderful dad's birthday.

I remember a few day's after Hannah was born Jake asked, "When can we have another??". To which I replied "I'm thinking 1 is plenty". Having a newborn is hard physically, mentally, and emotionally. Sleep deprivation pretty much defines life those first couple of month's.

But once that little newborn becomes a toddler, you start to forget all those trial's and just reflect on the good things. Like the first time the little princess smiled at you, or started using her hand's to reach, or the first time she slept through the night, or that first little laugh that melted our heart's to pieces. I can't wait for those things to happen all over again. And to meet this little boy/girl for the first time and fall head over heal's in an instant.

There have been a few differences in pregnancies thus far. Morning sickness never really made an appearance when I was pregnant with Hannah. This one is a horse of a different color. It has been all day sickness with an emphasis in the afternoon and evening. Saltine cracker's quickly became my best friend. Now that I'm getting closer to the 2nd trimester I'm starting to get my energy back and I'm feeling a lot less nauseous.

Back when I was 9 week's pregnant I had my first doctor appointment and we got our first pictures of the little munchkin. It was so neat seeing his/her little heart beating strong and fast, and to see those little arm's flailing. We couldn't be happier.



And to keep with tradition here is Baby #2 Bump at 12 Weeks

11 comments:

Karon said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you're starting to feel better!

Adam, Ashley and Lucy said...

I had a feeling this would be coming soon! I couldn't be happier for you! Congrats and good luck!

Nika said...

Congratulations! Good luck feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Congrats, that's great news!

Jennifer said...

Um, where's the picture of the "bump"? I see you but no bump. You need to call me!! Did you get my message? We should hang out, and obviously in the AM it sounds like :)

Tracy and Odie said...

that's so so exciting! i just knew you were going to be pregnant soon~!! congratulations!

Tesera said...

Congrats Gretchen!!! :) Yay.

Helena said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you!

Michelle M said...

Congratulations! I hope you start to feel better, or at least find a good medicine to calm your nausea down. I threw up for my whole pregnancy with Dayton; for Daphne I was just as sick, but I found a GOOD medicine!

Kristy said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a "bunch"!!! I love your little munchkin and have a whole lot of room in my heart for #2, which is what my number and grandpas numbers are in our families. Love ya and best wishes, Mamas