Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Lovely Extended Stay

As I stated in a previous post, my parent's were able to come to Utah for a quick weekend visit. They arrived on July 5th and left on July 8th. They were in town for Daniel's baby blessing and my gender ultrasound, which were all wonderful =) When my parent's left on Tuesday the 8th they didn't realize how bad the fire was near Paradise. In one day it grew from a few thousand acres to over 30,000 acres. For those of you who don't know, my mom is very allergic to smoke, and when they reached Nevada on their way home, it became apparent that it wasn't safe for my mom to continue the journey home. So to my pleasant surprise she hopped on a train and headed back to Utah to stay with Jake and I!

It was so much fun having her stay with us for almost a week (she left on Weds night). She is an amazing roommate and we hope she comes back to stay more often=) While she was here we had a lot of girl fun filled with manicures, shopping, yummy food, picnics, and a trip to the movies to see Get Smart! On Monday night we got together with my brother Ronnie and his family and enjoyed a lovely picnic in the beautiful park near our home. I took a few pictures of our fun with their family when we got back to our place.

My sister-in-law Rashell was nice enough to go through her baby clothes (she had 2 girls and just recently a little boy) and gave Jake and I 3 HUGE boxes full of clothes, blankets, bibs, and shoes for ages newborn to 9 months. She also gave me a ton of very adorable maternity clothes. It is so wonderful having a sister-in-law who was not only blessed with so many girls, but who is kind enough to share with us the cute things she collected over the years. My other sister-in-law offered their baby crib to us, which is also very generous. Jake and I are so grateful for the generosity of our family and we don't know where we'd be without them. Both our parent's are also the epitome of generosity. Thanks family! We feel so blessed!

Grandma and Daniel hit it off quite well. They kinda like each other, a lot =)

Kiah is such a good big sister to her baby brother.

Poor uncle Jake was the horsey for a while. Not sure what the facial expression on Jake's face means.....pure bliss maybe?

Our nieces are hilarious. My favorite was about a week earlier when little Leah wanted to feed the ducky's at the park. We were at the park and had just eaten Chinese food....she opened up her fortune cookie and said it as though reading it "Go feed the ducky's....ok!" And then she walked off with her cookie to the pond.

Apparently the horse didn't like to be squished.

0 comments: