Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sewing Project

My friend Kelli (whose husband is in the same class as Jake) has a fabulous sewing machine and she offered to help me learn how to sew. I bought some organizing basket's and fabric for under Hannah's changing table about a year ago. But the fact that I don't have a sewing machine or any sewing skill's led to those organizing basket's cluttering up Hannah's closet for a long time. Earlier this week we started working on sewing the liner's and last night I finished them! I am so happy with how they turned out. Sewing is addicting! Now I can't wait to start another project and convince Jake that I need my own machine :-)

Here are the finished baskets:

Here is Hannah's changing table before:

And after:


Major improvement if you ask me. Thanks Kelli!!

4 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

those look sooooooo good! I totally need to make me some now!

LV said...

LOVE how these turned out! Glad you have other sewing friends:) How did you guys do it?

Gretchen said...

Thank's Lyndi! It is definitely nice having friend's that sew. And thank's for attempting to help me with the project last year :-)

For our first attempt we tried to pin the original pink liner onto my fabric and cut it from there. But for some reason when we sewed it together it was fitting a little too snug. So we started over and simply traced the basket's sides onto newspaper and cut about a 1/4 " from the sides and made a template that we used to cut the fabric. It worked so much better and sewed perfectly together and wala! I need a new project. Any ideas? :-) I was thinking about you the other day and how excited I am that you are having a baby girl this time!!

Leslee said...

Those look really cute, good job! You must get a sewing machine and start experimenting:) Think of all the little baby stuff you can make...