Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Dr. Appointment

So, unless you didn't already know this, you don't always get what you wish for. I have been hoping for a fairly small baby....mostly so that labor would be more of a positive experience. However, those dreams were abruptly crushed today when I asked my Dr. what my fundal height measurement was. For those of you who don't know, the size of the uterus (fundal height) correlates with the gestational age of the baby. So I am technically at about 32 weeks, but my Dr. informed me that I consistently measure 2 cm (or 2 weeks) more than the predicted gestational age of the baby. So in other words, our little girl is either a big baby or the estimated date of delivery is 2 weeks off. I'm hoping for the latter, but we shall see. Jake was happy to hear the news because he really wants a cute little chubby baby. But I think it would be best for everyone if she was delivered small and than fattened up later :-)

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Let's hope for the two weeks earlier!