Our baby is growing up

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our little boy is growing up....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our princess is growing up....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Husband is Amazing

I would like to take this moment to brag about the amazingness of my husband. Most of you know that he is applying to medical school this year. He took the MCAT back in July but didn't get the score he wanted. So, after more intensive studying he took the MCAT again in September. We just got the score last night and I am so flip'n proud of him! He got a score that places him in the top 4% of everyone who took the MCAT. He got a 35!!! For those of you who don't know, let me take a minute to explain. Any score above 30 is considered competitive to get accepted to medical school. A score between 34 and 36 are considered stellar scores and makes him competitive for the top schools in the country. Basically my husband is amazing. It has been a stressful time watching him study and worry about whether he has done enough. And it is such a relief to know that he will get into medical school this year and not have to go through the studying and applying again next year like he was worried about. We feel so blessed. I am so thankful for my husband. He is such a hard worker, kind, loving, hilarious, and the best friend I could have ever hoped for. I know that nobody is perfect, but he is perfect for me.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Go Jake! You are smarter than superman!!!

stace said...

way to go jake!!! we are so excited for you guys...now if you could just get into the U...

Katrina said...

Go Jake! All that studying really did pay off! Are you still going to go to washington?

T.J. and Kathy Christensen said...

Holy smokes Jake! CONGRATS! T.J. says he wants to be just like you when he grows up! haha He will be taking the MCAT this next summer. Gretchen, you are awesome! I loved just catching up on your life! I am so excited for you having a little baby girl...so soon! And, I think my favorite part was you putting wipes and diapers in the crib weeks ago! haha I love you!

Serena said...

aw yay for you guys!!! I'm glad everything is going well!!

Michelle M said...

That score is UNBELIEVABLE! WOW! You have every reason to celebrate! Congratulations on the MCAT Jake. I think you're really going places!